MT PLEASANT, SC – October 13, 2020 – (LATINX NEWSWIRE) – Brands who joined the Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration are participating in different ways. As shared by Hispanic Market Advisors, this period that ends on October 15 marks a splendid opportunity for smart and innovative brands to learn more about the Hispanic community and join the celebration without sounding cocky.
Although there are some corporate blunders such as the one reported by latimes.com involving Twitch, some of the strategies brands are employing to connect with Latinos include:
- Sending a bilingual press release announcing that your company is joining the Hispanic Heritage Month celebration (mentioning a list of activities)
- Creating a YouTube, Instagram or Facebook Live to discuss the Hispanic culture with their audience—engaging with them starts with listening to what they have to say!
- Educating the general population about certain terms emerged in recent years such as Latinx
- Contributing a unique article to a Hispanic online publication relevant to their business.
- Sponsoring a Hispanic event, such as Calle Ocho Live, whether an online or live event.
At El Informador Group, we would like to add one more strategy to the menu of options for brands, which is supporting your local newspapers, whether they are written in English, Spanish, Portuguese or Creole, and whether they are in print or just online.
As crazy as this sounds, by helping local news providers, you are not only impacting the news ecosystem but also helping perfect our democracy,” reveals Pedro De Armas, President / Editor in Chief with www.elinformador.us.
El Informador is a Spanish-language newspaper which has been serving the Charleston and Hilton Head regions with the most recent local news that any other publication can provide to the Latino community for over 12 years. The newspaper also has a section in Portuguese, called “SUAS NOTICIAS.” Brands interested in audience engagement with Latinos in South Carolina, for instance, can benefit greatly by advertising at ElInformador.us.
For a list of Spanish-language newspapers published in the United States, you can visit this Wikipedia page. And remember that celebrating Hispanic Heritage does not have to end on October 15 but be a full year phenomenon.
About El Informador
El Informador attracts Latino readers on a bi-weekly basis that identify with our newspaper as a local family-oriented publication designed for them providing important local, national, and international news. We are the largest Spanish language publication serving the Charleston and Hilton Head region, and have focused our efforts on educating our readers about better health practices, local services available to them in their own language, as well as sports, politics, entertainment, and local interests, news that our readers really want to know. Learn more: www.elinformador.us/advertise-with-us/about-us/