CHICAGO, Illinois – July 24, 2017 – (HISPANICIZE WIRE) – Coors Light announces this year’s líderes, a group of 12 outstanding Latino leaders of legal drinking age who have demonstrated a commitment to empower their communities. The 12 líderes were nominated by national and local nonprofit organizations and selected by Coors Light based on their achievements and impact in the Latino community. Coors Light believes in rewarding the dedication and tenacious spirit of emerging leaders who selflessly work to help others. The nominees are a diverse cohort made up of philanthropists, artists, community organizers, environmentalists and entrepreneurs. One of the 12 líderes will become the 2017 Coors Light Líder of the Year through an online public voting competition.
Online voting takes place at CoorsLightLideres.com from July 18 through August 18. The winner will receive a $25,000 grant from Coors Light to create a community development program with their nonprofit organization. Voting rules and restrictions apply. Must be 21 years or older. Void where prohibited.
“The Coors Light Líderes program allows Coors Light to highlight 12 outstanding Latino leaders who have taken on challenges to climb higher and are now inspiring others to make a difference in communities across the country,” said Alberto Senior, who leads MillerCoors’ national Latino community efforts. “For more than a decade, the Líderes program has highlighted the outstanding accomplishments of 160 Latino leaders. Coors Light looks forward to awarding the 2017 Líder of the Year with a $25,000 grant that will help support the Latino community.”
The 2017 Coors Light Líderes are:
• Lymaris Albors, Bronx, NY, nominated by Acacia Network/The Loisaida Center
• Lorenzo Xavier Cano, Austin, TX, nominated by Prospanica
• Maria ‘MJ’ Castells, Miami, FL, nominated by Aqua Foundation
• Fernando Ceballos, Dallas, TX, nominated by Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
• Brianna Dimas, San Antonio, TX, nominated by San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• Alexis Esparza, Chicago, IL, nominated by Eighteenth Street Development Corporation
• Juan P. García, Sacramento, CA, nominated by California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce Foundation
• Gabriel Middleton, Los Angeles, CA, nominated by human-I-T
• Jessica Nunan, Atlanta, GA, nominated by Caminar Latino
• Andrew Pineda, Los Angeles, CA, nominated by Amigos de los Ríos
• Elia Quintana, Washington, DC, nominated by Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR)
• Luis Salgado, New York, NY, nominated by Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS/R.Evolución Latina
Since 2006, the Coors Light Líderes program has raised awareness and highlighted the achievements of national and local leaders within the Hispanic community. The Coors Light Líderes program offers up-and-coming Latino professionals leadership tools, counsel and networking opportunities. Past Coors Light Líderes of the Year have used the $25,000 grant to advance Latinos in filmmaking, expand bilingual technology programs in underserved communities, and create awareness programs about environmental issues.
About Coors Brewing Company
Coors Brewing Company was founded in 1873 by Adolph Coors, who chose the Clear Creek Valley in Golden, Colo., for his new brewery because of the pure water in the nearby Rocky Mountain springs. The brewery’s original and most enduring beer is Coors Banquet (Coors.com, Facebook.com/CoorsBanquet), still brewed exclusively in Golden using only Rocky Mountain water and high-country barley. Coors Light (CoorsLight.com, Facebook.com/CoorsLight, @CoorsLightLider on Twitter) was introduced in 1978 and now is the second-best-selling beer in the United States. Triple-filtered smooth Keystone Light (KeystoneLight.com, Facebook.com/KeystoneLight) is one the country’s most popular economy beers. Coors Brewing Company operates in the United States and Puerto Rico as part of MillerCoors, a joint venture of SABMiller plc and Molson Coors Brewing Company. Learn more at MillerCoors.com, at Facebook.com/MillerCoors or on Twitter through @MillerCoors.
About Great Beer Great Responsibility
“Great Beer, Great Responsibility” is MillerCoors commitment to creating a positive and meaningful impact on the social, environmental and economic issues that affect our business, employees and other stakeholders. MillerCoors sustainability strategy and 2020 goals focus on the three areas where it has the greatest impact: Alcohol Responsibility, Environmental Sustainability and People and Communities. Visit www.millercoors.com/sustainability for more information.